“The International Conference on Rights of People in Nusa
On the 25-27 October 2007, the IAJ-TGAP (International Association of Jurists for Maritime Delimitation in Timor Sea and in the Pacific Rim) will hold an International Conference on Rights of People in Nusa Tenggara Timur,
The purpose of the International Conference includes:
- To identify the Rights of People in Nusa
Tenggara Timur, Indonesiain the Timor Seaand in Ashmore Reef & Cartier Islands
- To reopen and review all Treaties and Agreements made by Government of Indonesia and the Government of Australia concerning Maritime Bondaries in Timor Sea and
Ashmore Reef & Cartier Islands
- To determine the Indonesian Traditional Fishing Rights in
based on International Law and Human Rights Ashmore Reef & Cartier Islands
- To determine the Maritime Boundaries among
Indonesia, Australiaand Timor Leste in Timor Sea.
- To establish a cooperation in
TimorSea by concerning parties
The International Conference will be enriched by various experts, scholars and Participants locally and internationally such as:
- International law scholars both at national and international level.
- International legal experts from various countries.
- NGOs, Govermental Agencies, Civil Society Groups
- Traditional Fishermen from Roti Island
The conference will be held in Bali International Convention Centre, Nusa Dua
Ms. Yetty Haning
Den Haag -